at BBC ETS Antapani Bandung
On 9TH May 2018, we had a wedneday meeting which is our monthly activity. It’s always fun for the me to join it. We had a cooking class, and we cooked Spaghetti. Yah.. almost everybody knows that food, it’s really famous.
We had two teams competing each other to cook the best spaghetti. So we tried to make it as best as they can. Everyone seemed excited to follow the instruction. Some students were cooking while the rest of them prepared the ingredients and tools. It didn’t take a long time to make it, around 25 minutes. We’re all enjoying the activity because we could practice our English and eat the spaghetti together. I felt so happy ?
So, this is an Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp Sun Dried Tomato Paste
- 1 small SuperValu Carrot chopped
- 2 tins SuperValu Chopped Tomatoes 400g each
- SuperValu Fresh Basil chopped
- 2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Rosemary finely chopped
- 2 cloves SuperValu Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
- 1 small SuperValu Onion chopped
- 25 g SuperValu Parmesan Cheese Shavings shaved
- 500 g SuperValu Quality Irish Round Steak Mince
- 6 x SuperValu Smoked Bacon Rashers
- 400 g SuperValu Spaghetti
What’s The Method:
- Heat the SuperValu Oil in a frying pan.
- Add carrot, onion and cook for 5 mins to soften.
- Add streaky bacon and garlic and toss in pan for 3 mins.
- Add minced meat to pan and cook for 5 mins or until all meat is cooked.
- Pour the tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped rosemary and basil into mixture and simmer for 15 mins.
- Cook spaghetti according to pack instructions with a splash of SuperValu olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Reserve some of the cooking water, drain and pour the pasta into the pan along with the sauce.
- Toss together, thinning with pasta water, if needed, and serve with the extra basil leaves with Parmesan shavings on top.