Work From Home During Pandemic Covid-19
Most workplaces encourage their employees to work from home to help bend the curve of the current COVID-19 pandemic and also to prevent the employees from being infected while going through their daily routine to work. In order to be effective at completing the tasks given to you, here are some useful tips that you can follow:
1. Find a suitable work space at home Sit in a comfortable chair and the right desk to work at home. Be sure to sit in the correct position to avoid muscle pain. Don’t forget to keep your work space area clean at all times. Keeping your desk clutter free allows you to concentrate on the task at hand.
2. Start your day with Bismillah Make your entire time spent at work as an act of ibadah by planting the right intention (niyyah) to work for the sake of Allah (SWT). Our actions will be judged based on our intentions in the hereafter.
3. Organise Your Time Plan your day around the five prayer times. Start work after Fajr and break for lunch during Zuhr. End your work by Asr or latest, Maghrib. This will ensure that you have ample breaks and a goal to work towards, preventing wastage of time or non-completion of tasks.
Create a to-do list Make a good to-do list for all aspects of your life: Work, Household, Personal. Categorize them in terms of urgency and/or deadlines to ensure timely completion. This will help you keep abreast of what tasks are due and prevent last-minute work. Plus it is always enjoyable to cancel or tick-off an item from the list – the feeling of achievement from which is rather great!
5. Remove distractions and set a schedule for these distractions
Set yourself firmly in your task space and have the people around you respect it. This includes setting boundaries for everyone in the household from talking to you or distracting you from your work. Explain to them your schedule and spend time with them during your breaks, so that once you’re back into your work mode you will be focused on work alone.
6. Take breaks and keep yourself energized Now that you’re working from home, this is the best time to build the habit of performing our Salah on time. Take small breaks to perform your Salah and do light exercises to keep yourself energized and productive throughout the day.
7. Keep yourself hydrated As COVID-19 crisis continues, it is essential to increase our water intake to prepare our bodies for Ramadhan. Keep a water bottle near you to keep yourself hydrated at all times.